Dear OhioMeansJobs Columbus-Franklin County Customers,
The Workforce Development Board of Central Ohio and the OhioMeansJobs Columbus-Franklin County Job Center are here to help you through this tough time. If 2020 has shown us anything, it’s to come together and support one another- we are stronger together than we are apart.
At this time, we have decided to close our office to the public beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 at 5:00PM to protect our staff and clients from the spread of COVID-19. Your Talent Development Specialists will still be available by phone and email to assist. In the upcoming week, we will also introduce our workshops virtually on our website (www.omjcfc.org) to help you access training videos that can help you as you continue to search for employment. If you need supportive services, please contact your Talent Development Specialists directly to discuss your needs. We are continuing to explore many options to bring our services directly to you. We will continue to keep you updated on our plan of action via our website, social media and by email.
If at any time you have questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at 614-559-5052.
The following are steps we have taken to ensure your safety in our Job Center.
To this point we have:
· Developed signage to encourage common courtesy for our staff and job seekers in the center if they show any signs of illness
· Provided every staff member with a bottle of hand sanitizer and sanitizer wipes at their desk
· Established an increased sanitation protocol for public hard surfaces in the Job Center
o Resource Room keyboards are all wiped down a minimum of 3 times per day
o All hard surfaces are wiped down after each workshop
o All lobby hard surfaces are wiped down a minimum of twice daily
Things that are occurring moving forward:
· Due to our physical location being closed to the public. Our staff is looking at deploying our Jobs Mobile and have it stationed in parking lots of various Libraries throughout central Ohio to bring our services to the community.
· Our workshops (Resume, Interviewing and Money Matters) will be available virtually on our website to help job seekers access information while our center is closed.
· Future Rapid Response events and workshops will move to virtual interactions. A link for our virtual workshops will be available on www.omjcfc.org to allow jobseekers access to view the material.
In the meantime, the CDC and other qualified health officials should remain your primary sources of current information and guidance. Lastly, if you suspect you may have been exposed to COVID-19 or have been around those who may have been exposed and/or are exhibiting symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider and the local health department. This will help us take precautionary steps to keep others from being exposed. We also have provided additional links to local Health Departments for Columbus & Franklin County.
Stay up-to-date on the facts with these Public Health links: